Welcome to Life Library,
Life Library is a library of physical books, toys and equipment on the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
It’s here to help you transform. Bringing you back to the simple pleasures in life.
Words are magic. One book, one sentence can change your life.
Life Library is here to facilitate that magic. That change. It provides the books for transformation – the knowing, the joy, the learning. It provides the equipment and toys to put the theory into practice.
It's a place to explore, create, play, be curious...
At Life Library:
You loan items, picking them up and returning them to your closest collection point (see list of collection points below) or you have them dropped off and picked up to your home or accommodation.
If you decide while loaning an item that you want to keep it, you can.
To Start Loaning:
- When you find an item you want to loan, select add to cart
- Once you have selected all the items, view the cart
- Select checkout
- Select your rental duration. The default is 4 weeks.
- Select the date
you would like to pickup your items (or have them delivered to your home or accommodation).
- Select your mode of receiving the items. You can select the Free option, which is to pick up and drop off from one of the many Life Library Collection Points around the Sunshine Coast, or if you prefer the convenience of the item coming to you, select Home Delivery and Pickup (for outside
Sunshine Coast select Australia Wide Postage).
- If you’ve selected to pick up from a collection point, any date on or after the date you selected, you can pick up the item. You then return the item to the same place on or before the return date.
- If you forget to return items, you will be sent reminders, and charged for each week the item is overdue.
Keeping the Item:
During the loan period, if you decide you want to keep the item, let us know. You then make a payment of the replacement value, less your initial rental payment, and the items yours.
- Items are loaned for four weeks at 1/10th of their replacement
value. (members get 50% off, so members pay only 1/20th).
- If an item is not returned, you are charged a late fee of 1/10th of the replacement value for each week until the item is overdue, or the replacement value is paid in full (and then you own it).
So for example, if you select a book of $40 replacement value, the rental will be $4 for 4 weeks ($2 for members).
If you do not return
the book, you will be charged $4 every week it is overdue. If the
book is not returned and the full replacement value of $40 has been
reached, you own the book and do not need to return it.
Members receive 50% off the initial 4 week rental on all items, 50% off home delivery and postage and free personal librarian services from the Life Librarian.
Membership is $45 per year